350g bread flour
126g full fat milk
2 eggs (chilled)
50g cubed unsalted butter (room temp)
100g cubed unsalted butter
100g cocoa powder
100g chopped pecans (roast in oven 180C for 15 mins)
150g chopped milk chocolate
1. To make the bread, combine all ingredients except for the butter in a bowl. Knead for 10 minutes until well combined and smooth in texture.
2. Add the butter cube by cube, adding each cube after the previous one has been combined.
3. Knead for another 10 minutes until the dough passes the window pane test and is smooth.
4. Proof for 1 - 2 hours or until doubled in size.
5. Punch dough down and leave in fridge for 6 hours (or over night) so that the dough is easier to handle.
6. To make the chocolate filling, add all ingredients in a pot over a low heat and stir until all combined. Allow to cool completely.
5. Take chilled dough out of the oven and roll into a 40cm x 30cm rectangle.
6. Spread chocolate filling on top with an offset spatula. Then sprinkle pecan nuts and chocolate on top.
7. Now cut the rectangle into multiple squares. Cut them the same size as the inside of your bread tin.
8. Stack these squares on top of one another and place in the bread tin horizontally.
9. Proof for 1 - 2 hours or until doubled in size.
10. In a pre-heated oven of 175C, bake for 30-40 minutes.
11. Coat in a simple syrup of even sugar and water boiled down in a pot (option).